Leader: Simon Silverstone, Solitus 220 Soldier
Background: Based in the town of Sparta, which doubles as a military base where basic training is offered to new clan members. They do not hesitate to use violence to complete a mission and whenever something happens to the Corporation they Sentinels are the first to be blamed.
Much is known about the Sentinels, as they are perhaps the most outspoken of all the clans, and are quite large. They rule all of Tir, as their guards have free reign through the city. They are pro-war and want nothing but to completely destroy the corporation. They are almost as angry at the neutrals, if not more so, for their inability to choose a side. They made this apparent by completely banning all neutrals as well as Omni citizens from Tir.
Simon Silverstone is a charismatic, powerful, and overall very cocky leader. He is outspoken and very opinionated, and is unashamed of his hatred for just about every who disagrees with him. As well as being perhaps one of the biggest and most powerful clans, the Sentinels are also seen as the most destructive by every other clan. Even if they had wanted to be a strong force in the Council, the Council probably would have refused Silverstone any major power in it.
The only people who dislike the Sentinels more than the other clans, though, is Omni-Tek. The Sentinels are responsible for numerous incidents that the corporation has deemed "terrorist attacks," and the only thing longer than the file Omni-Pol has on Silverstone is the recently published Encyclopedia of Everything (which is, as the name would suggest, an encyclopedia that details EVERY piece of knowledge and history that solituses have acquired in the past; everything from quantum mechanics to recipes for goloala burgers, "If you've thought about it, we wrote about it in the Encyclopedia of Everything.").
The Sentinels have few allies, as most of the clanners either love or hate them, and those that love them usually just join up with them. However, most of the Council realizes the importance and the power that the Sentinels hold, even if they are totally disgusted by it. Ultimately, as far as how the Sentinels view the other clans, if a clan isn't pro-war, it isn't with the Sentinels.
Feelings about the CoT: As much as the Sentinels wish to completely ignore the other clans, and as much as they probably could and get away with it, the Sentinels have an appreciation of PR in their own way. Ultimately, the majority of clanners are in favor of the Council, and while the Sentinels don’t care much about impressing Radiman or any of the major clans, they do understand that they have a lot of support from clanners that they would loose if they completely disregarded the Council. So, the Sentinels reluctantly take part, and try to point out as much as possible that they don’t think they should need to take part in the Council.
Attitude Towards the Other Clans:
- The Unionists: The Sentinels have a lot of respect for the Unionists for their willingness to work, as well as their mutual hatred for Omni-Tek.
- Terra Firma: The Sentinels see politics as a necessary part of war, and so they understand the necessity for Terra Firma.
- Knights: The Sentinels see the Knights as weak powerless due to their indecisive attitude towards the war. To the Sentinels, the Knights are all show and they see them more as Radiman's yes-men than anything else.
- New Dawn: The Senintels have no love for New Dawn, mainly because they have no desire for any negotiations with Omni-Tek.
- The Pilgrims: The only thing the Sentinels despise more than the corporation is neutrals, and the Pilgrims' willingness to help neutrals as well as Clanners has put them on the Sentinels bad list.
- Vanguard: To the Sentinels, Vanguard are nothing more than spineless businessmen, and this view is quite similar to the one the Sentinels' have of Omni-Tek.
- Eco Warriors: The Sentinels respect the outrageousness of the Eco Warriors demands, and while they have no plan of leaving Rubi-Ka anytime soon, the Sentinels have no problems helping everyone else leave the planet.
- Gaia: Like the Eco Warriors, the Sentinels respect that Gaia is so 'out-there'. However, while they are not against Gaia, the two clans have little in common other than their radical attitudes.
--Tussa 11:54, 8 Jun 2005 (CEST)