Comparing and Contrasting AO Tradeskills with other games' Tradeskills
- Just as in Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XI, and other games, tradeskills consist of the combination of ingredients.
- Certain requirements prohibit the crafting of high level items by beginning players; note however that the requirement system is markedly different.
- As in FFXI, crafting ingredients can be both bought and dropped by killed monsters.
- There is no benefit to the player's ability to craft gained from crafting, ie there is no 'experience' gained in the corresponding tradeskill(s).
- The requirements for tradeskills must be met by leveling the character with combat and missions, a system with distinct benefits and disadvantages.
- Benefits include: given the right class, it is possible to create a tradeskill character that is also a fully functional PvM or even PvP character, and that there is no grind involved in crafting, itself.
- A disadvantage is that the grind of normal leveling replaces the grind of tradeskill leveling. Due to the limitations of available Improvement Points, or IP, optimal tradeskill functionality precludes optimal PvM and PvP ability, and vice versa. Doctor, Engineer, Fixer, and Trader professions can come close to optimal in both tradeskill and combat; which comes closest is a debatable point.
Tradeskill Window Edit
The combination of items in Anarchy Online works as follows:
Open the Tradeskill window: (Ctrl-t) -or- choose the uppermost tab of the tabs on the bottom left of the screen; select Tradeskills from the resulting list. Here you can place the two items you want to combine in the left and middle part; if this combination can result in an item, it will be shown in the right area. Missing skills, or non possible combinations will be shown below. A detailed look on the resulting item is possible with a simple shift-left-click on it. It is recommended to have free inventory space before combining items, else the item will end in the overflow window.
This Example shows the Apple Seed arrow process which is the same for all arrows. As result you get a Stack of 20 arrows. Image:158585.png + Image:158575:200.png = Image:158597.png Skills: Agi / Int Radiation Arrowheads Reet-Tech Metaplast Arrowshafts Apple Seed Arrowshaft QL x 2.75 / 1.22
Useable Items Edit
Equip Items Edit
Needed for other tradeskills Edit
File:247756.png Strong Regenerating Bioplate (alternate way to get a cheap Tradeskill-Item needed for buildings.)
File:203623.png NotuComm Mesh
File:267751.png Ancient Engineering Device
File:267736.png Ancient Medical Device
File:156511.png Crystal Memories