The main objective of the Battle Station is to gain more points than the players of the opposite side. Points are gained through the capture of the four control points - one in the center and one at each tip of the playfield. Capturing and holding more control points gives more points over time with the round ending when a specified amount of time expires, or when one side reaches 500 points.
Transport Location Edit
With the addition of patch 17.2 the battle stations have been divided up into different transporters based on level range and placed at different locations.
- Levels 20-49 Borealis (Main gate). Coordinates:(685,506)
- Levels 50-74 Borealis (Rear gate). Coordinates:(599,687)
- Levels 75-99 Newland (Near Whompahs). Coordinates:(397,305)
- Levels 100-124 Newland (Near front gate). Coordinates:(247,292)
- Levels 125-149 Outside Newland. Coordinates:(1133,546)
- Levels 150-174 Outside Newland. Coordinates:(1137,517)
- Levels 175-199 ICC]. Coordinates:(3254,904)
- Levels 200-209 Unicorn Landing pad. Coordinates:(3443,1235)
- Levels 210-220 Unicorn Landing pad. Coordinates:(3437,1235)
Loyalty System Edit
A loyalty system was also introduced with patch 17.2 for the battlestations to discourage people from leaving the battle station if they didn't like the situation they were in. The loyalty system locks out people from the battlestation if they continually refuse invites or leave before the end of the battle. The system works like this:
- All players start with a loyalty score of 10.
- Receiving a battlestation invitation deducts your loyalty score by one.
- Completing a battlestation (win or lose) adds two to your loyalty score, up to a maximum of 10.
- If your loyalty score reaches 0 you will not be able to enter the battlestation queue.
- A duty mission will be available to increase your loyalty level again if it falls to 0. Rumors that it may involve picking up trash in Borealis may not be unfounded.
- As of patch 17.4, auto-AFK function flags players as AFK after three minutes, resulting in an automatic kick from the battlestation.
How it Works Edit
In the BS there are 4 terminals spaced out in the center and the three arms of the area. The terminals located in the arms are secondary terminals and the one in the center is the primary terminal. To capture a terminal a character uses the terminal and then is rooted in location for around a minute to 'hack' the terminal. When the terminal is hacked you have 5 seconds to use it again to capture it.
Each side garners points for captured terminals every tick. A tick is ten seconds and a side will get 1 point for every secondary terminal captured and 2 for the primary terminal. If a side captures all the terminals the tick time decreases to around 2-3 seconds.
Both winning and losing a Battle Station battle will garner all combatants Victory Points that can be used to buy items from the OFAB vendors in Tower Shops. The amounts of these rewards are based on your level and the amount of points your side had at the end of the battle, though the winning rewards are much higher than the losing.
- Taking the center and holding it is usually the key to winning, so having a large group of people rush the center early is generally a winning strategy even over capturing your own point first.
- There is power in numbers, so running in groups or teams is advised over running alone.
- Camping spawn locations and immediately attacking opposing players before they have a chance to defend themselves (Spawn Killing) is considered to be unethical play.
What is the minimum amount of players and the max?